We welcome you to be a part of our regional response to homelessness! Acres of Diamonds has a variety of volunteer opportunities available. If you are interested in helping our women, children, and organization please tell us more about yourself by giving us a call at 425-788-9999 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Available Volunteer Opportunities
Kids Program Volunteer
- Monday and Thursday 6-8pm, last Sunday of the month 6-8pm
- Be a part of a child’s story of healing and hope! Work with a team of volunteers to provide a fun and safe environment to kids from hard places. Support emotional and social development through games, arts and crafts, play, music, and more.
- Resume building opportunities for trauma informed care.
- Occasional tutoring and mentoring needs as well.
- Various shifts throughout work week
- Answer phones, greet guests, scanning, filing, and computer work. Computer work may be as simple as data entry or, if you are up for it, creating tools and systems.
House Evening Support
- Sundays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, or Fridays 6-8pm
- Be intentionally available to residents and children during their evening routines, to provide extra support and build relationship.
- Opportunities for activities such as games, books, crafts, baking, etc.
- Additional training is required for this position, as well as alignment with Acres Statement of Faith.
Birthday Dinner Host
- 2nd Wednesday of every month 5:45-7pm
- Help us celebrate our families by hosting a birthday/ recovery party on the second Wednesday of every month. Serve dinner and have fun with our women and kids during this special time of celebration.
- Can sign up once or multiple times
- Weekly hours or on-call
- Perform basic repairs to the transitional house and apartments such as plumbing, electrical fixtures, broken appliances, and other minor repairs. Provide maintenance to interior and exterior of the house and apartments, including painting, carpentry, grounds clean-up, and furniture installation.
- Monday or Thursday 6-8pm
- Help women learn basic life and relational skills, while building relationship. Current classes include budgeting, boundaries, parenting, and Bible study.
- Opportunities to help teach classes, or lead one-off workshops based on your skills, available as well.
- Additional training is required for this position
- Scheduled throughout year
- Serve with your family, your small group, your business, or whatever group you would like, to help meet the needs of Acres families! Opportunities include cleaning/organization projects, yardwork, sanding and staining, window washing, room turn over, painting, and more.
- As needed throughout year
- Acres hosts various events throughout the year, including our annual fundraising event. We are always looking for volunteers who want to serve at a one-time event, assisting with check-ins, staging/decorating, hosting, cleaning, raffles, parking attendants, and much more.