Acres of Diamonds is creating lasting change for homeless moms and kids in Western Washington. We give everyone in the Acres program the love and support that they need to recover, rebuild, and break the cycles of addiction, poverty, and abuse.
With the support of the community from 2017 through 2019, Acres has made an impact on homeless families in the area.
- 100% of women and children coming from abusive situations are now safe
- 94% of families who were homeless before the Acres of Diamonds Program are now in stable housing
- 92% of women who were living in addiction are now clean and sober
- 20 women and 29 children have found safety at Acres of Diamonds
- 16 moms continue to thrive in the Acres of Diamonds After Care Program
- 5 kids have left foster or temporary care and are now living with their moms
Our goal is to continue providing the support and long-term transitional housing that homeless families in Western Washington need.
Meet the Residents
Moms with hard pasts
Moms come to Acres of Diamonds with hard pasts riddled with trauma. At Acres, they have an opportunity to break those harmful cycles.
Kids with trauma
Kids have been exposed to the unthinkable – at no fault of their own. At Acres of Diamonds, they can begin to heal from their trauma.
Rewriting their stories
Acres of Diamonds provides the safe place for women to rewrite their story and break the cycles of addiction and abuse in their families.
“Acres of Diamonds helped me get back on my feet and helped me rebuild my life so I could support my family.”Lea
“I’ll always be grateful to have found Acres of Diamonds. They helped me give my kids a safe space after leaving my ex.”Sarah
“My time at Acres changed my life. Without the support of the staff and the women at Acres of Diamonds I don’t know where I would be.”Tamara